There are several choices when designing your garden. The choice of plants and their combination of size and shade have a crucial part in determining the style and atmosphere of your garden. Plants with different textures and colour can be used to create either formal or informal settings.
- Garden Maintenance - Patios provide function in a garden as well as creating the perfect spot for eating and entertaining.
- Informal Garden Design - Informal Garden Design is a naturalistic and relaxed form of Garden design. In an informal garden, paths and beds follow curves and natural materials are used for hard landscaping. The informal garden creates a feeling of indulgent relaxation. Furnishings are comfortable and inviting, plants are allowed to spread freely. Rustic containers, trellises, gazebos or an attractive painted doorway are often used as accent pieces. In spite of its rambling beauty an informal garden still needs careful designing. It’s important to get the right balance between unrestrained beauty and organisation. Without careful planning an informal garden can become a messy clash of plants and colours. If you would like an informal garden design drawn up we’re happy to help. Over the years we have designed and planted hundreds of informal gardens. We will work with you to develop the garden of your dreams. How our Informal Garden Design Process Works To begin, we conduct a full survey of your garden, taking accurate measurements and levels. We ask questions about your ideas and lifestyle for example:. Will you need a low maintenance garden Is the garden a project for you to work on and develop over time Are you an experienced gardener or a complete beginner Does the garden need to be animal or child-friendly We want you to be completely happy with your garden and so our design is unique to your home and requirements. During our initial survey, we take careful note of existing trees, drainage and structures. We will also discuss your budget as this will influence the type and quantity of materials used, the final planting scheme and any key features within the garden. Our aim is to give you the best and […]
- Formal Garden Design - Formal garden design is built around balance, symmetry, straight lines and geometric shapes. Paths tend to be straight with crisp edges. Colour is kept minimal with pastel shades, greens and whites. Plants tend to be neatly clipped and shaped – think topiary or buxus hedging. Repetition is common in formal garden design – each side of a path is a mirror image of the other. A formal Garden needs careful planning to bring it to life. Our highly skilled team will work with you to design a formal garden that is tailored to your individual needs. How our Formal Garden Design Process Works To begin, we conduct a full survey of your garden, taking accurate measurements and levels. We ask questions about your ideas – will you need a low maintenance garden or is the garden a project for you to work on and develop over time. We take note of existing trees, drainage and structures and we work them into the design. We also discuss your budget as this will influence the type and quantity of materials used, the final planting scheme and any key features within the garden. Our aim is to give you the best and most cost effective solution to make your project come to life. Once we have all the information we will present you with your garden design. We will discuss the details of the design with you including the any special construction requirements and access arrangements. Contact Emmet for more information on our Formal Garden Design 087 268 0316
- Patios & Driveways - We provide a full patio and Driveway Service. From planning and design, to supply and fit of materials our skilled team can undertake projects of all sizes. Patios An attractive patio is a valuable asset for any home. A well laid patio provides extra living space where you can sit and relax, entertain friends or where children can play. There are a wide range of materials that can be used for patios: Natural Sandstone Liscannor stone Tobermore Tegula Cobbles Paving slabs We will advise on the best material for your budget and requirements. We also provide planting schemes to complement your patio and home. Driveways Driveways should be practical as well as attractive. A well-designed driveway frames the entrance to your house and is often the first thing a visitor sees when approaching your home. Putting in a new driveway can be costly therefore you need expert advice. Our highly skilled team can advise on the best materials to suit your requirements. We will work with you to provide a driveway that is not only durable but complements your home and garden . Contact us to find out more about our patio and driveway services 087 268 0316
- Hard Landscaping - Hard landscaping is a term used to describe the fixed structures in your garden such as walls, patios, paths, steps, driveways etc. Features such as fencing and pergolas can be used to break up your garden and provide structure and definition. Patios and decking provide extra living space where you can entertain friends and sit and admire your garden. Walls provide security or privacy. They can also add interest and structure to a garden. There are a wide range of options and products available for hard landscaping. Choosing which material and features you need can be a daunting task. However with our expert knowledge and experience, we can help you make the right choices saving you time and money. Our team are happy to take on projects of all sizes. We will work with you to provide the most practical and attractive hard landscaping features for your garden. Contact Emmet to find out more about our Hard Landscaping Service 087 268 0316
- Water Features - We provide a full water feature service from design and planning to supply and fit of the feature and surrounding pants. Why Have a Water Feature Water features bring an extra dimension to your garden. They bring movement, light and sound. A stylish water feature also adds a unique touch to your garden design. A water feature doesn’t need to be large, costly or demand much maintenance. With careful planning and design a water feature can enhance any garden large or small. Our highly skilled team can design and build a water feature that will complement your home, garden and lifestyle. There are a wide range of water features available including: Water falls Streams Fish ponds Table top fountains Bubbling water container Whatever your requirements – we can find a water feature to suit your taste and lifestyle Contact us to find out how a water feature can enhance your home and garden 087 268 0316